27 Flybridge Sports Fisherman
The Caribbean 27 Flybridge Sports Fisherman is the evolutionary mix of two all-time classical cruisers, admired and loved by so many mariners the world over - The Caribbean 26 Flybridge Sports Fisherman and the famous Bertram 25 Flybridge.
Each Caribbean model delivers over 50 years of experience behind her timeless lines, solid engineering reliability and blue-water offshore performance. All of which has earned Caribbean, the respected reputation as one of the finest boat manufacturers in the world today. She is proudly built at the famous Caribbean Gardens in the Melbourne suburb of Scoresby, and exported all over the world. Caribbean, the boat the experts buy…
The ever popular and classic design of the Caribbean 26 Flybridge Sports Fisherman has been given a all new make over featuring curved windows and hugging lines. Underpinned by an all new hull mold that boasts additional length, beam and greater fuel capacity.
The Caribbean 27 Flybridge Sports Fisherman features dual-helm stations (Flybridge and Lower), Face-to Face Dinette (converts to bed) & Insulated Ice Box. The Starboard-side boasts; helm seating and galley units incorporating Spirit Stove, Pantry Cupboards & Sink. A full-flush marine toilet is located within the spacious V-Berth cabin. This combined with her huge open style cockpit area, mighty fuel efficient Twin Mercruiser Petrol Sterndrives; round-off this wonderful and highly respected vessel. The Caribbean 27 Sports Fisherman is a very versatile and popular, entry level cruiser. She is the envy of most boat manufacturers and the dream of many mariners.
* Sistership vessel shown, is fitted with many non-standard features, options & accessories.
Dual Helm Stations (Flybridge & Lower)
Latest Update includes:
- Fushion AM/FM, Stereo System with integrated iPod Docking Station and two marine-grade speakers.
Mechanical and Electrical:
- Flybridge and lower helm control stations with dual lever gear and throttle controls, hydraulic steering and comprehensive instrumentation.
- Electric power trim.
- Dual 70 amp/hr batteries with isolating switches.
- Water separating fuel filters.
- Electric bilge blower.
- Automatic electric bilge pump.
- Electric fuel gauge and engine hour meters.
- Navigation and anchor lights.
- 12 volt switch board with protection fuses.
- 12 volt wiring and lighting throughout.
- Pressurised water system.
- 550 litre fuel tank.
- On-board sterndrive oil bottle reservoir.
- 12 volt reversing anchor winch, operational from flybridge, lower helm and deck.
- 12 volt AM/FM stereo/CD player with two speakers.
- LED lighting in the saloon area operated by a remote helm switch on lower dash.
- Self draining chain locker.
- Dual V-berths with fill in cushions for conversion to double bed and stowage under.
- Upholstered side trays.
- Carpeted throughout.
- Full bulkhead with lock up door.
- Full flush marine toilet.
- Toilet roll holder.
- 12 volt lighting.
- Overhead deck hatch.
- Armour plate front windows with acrylic sliding side windows.
- Windscreen wipers.
- 12 volt lighting.
- 150 litre water tank.
- Carpeted side stowage pockets.
- Galley unit featuring twin burner spirit stove, stainless steel sink and electric water system.
- Dinette unit with seating for four.
- Helmsman’s seat with stowage locker under.
- Comprehensive lower control station.
- Overhead radio panel.
- Fibreglass non-skid floor with inspection hatch.
- Fibreglass engine box.
- Engine box cushion.
- Upholstered side panels raised for placement of feet under and easy access to hull sides.
- Deck side stowage compartments.
- Fibreglass swimming platform.
- 12 volt cockpit light.
- Flush mounted cockpit shower in transom panel.
- Fuel tank dipstick.
- Bow platform with electric anchor raising system, anchor and chain.
- Mooring cleats forward and aft.
- Stainless steel bow rail.
- Deck fuel filler.
- Rope lockers X 2.
- Chain locker access.
- Non-skid deck.
- Colour co-ordinated deck & chine lines.
- Acrylic deflection screen.
- Stainless steel safety rails.
- Stainless steel flybridge ladder with heavy duty steps and reinforcing/hand rail.
- Vinyl upholstered L shaped fibreglass seat incorporating stowage locker.
- Fibreglass footrest.
- Forward stowage locker with hinged door.
- Flybridge cover.
- 12 volt power socket.
- Full stainless steel targa bimini with envelope.
Power Units: Twin Petrol Sterndrive Engines.
Twin x Mercruiser V6 4.5L 250hp (MPI) Multi Point Injection Sterndrives
Cruise Speed - 20 knots
Fuel Consumption (test conditions, 20 knots @ 3,200RPM) approx. 25L per engine/per hour
Top Speed - circa 38 knots
WEIGHTS & MEASUREMENTS
Adult Capacity: 8
Net Weight - 3,100 kg (Petrol model)
Height Above Waterline - 3.45m (to top of removable Bimini)
Sleeping - Sleeping - 4 persons (2 + 2 VBerth/Dinette) plus Cockpit
Cockpit Area - 7.3 sq m.
Fuel Capacity - 550 Litres
Length Overall - 8.23m (27’) plus Swimming and Bow Platforms
Beam - 3.21m (10' 7”)
Water Capacity - 160 Litres
Will she fit under my local bridge?
- 3.45m - Height Above Waterline to top of Bimini (easily removable)
- 2.65m - Height Above Waterline to top of highest point of Flybridge (steering wheel) without Bimini.
NOTE: Approx figures. Totally dependant of fuel load and weight of vessel
Vic Roads - No Permit Required
In Victoria and based on the beam (width) of the vessel as listed above, towing of the complete boat, engine & trailer package - can be undertaken without the need for a towing permit.
Consequently, this vessel may be towed with:
1> Oversize sign displayed on transom (back end) of boat
2> Flags or Flashing Lights displayed on each corner (left & right) at the stern of the vessel
3> Due to the 3.21m vessel beam falling between 3.10m - 3.50m, inaccordance with Vic Roads, this vessel must only be towed during day light hours.
For interstate towing, we suggest you contact the Government Office responsible for Motor Vehicle Registrations in the state in which you are heading, for exact confirmation prior to your planned departure.
We are not aware of any other special conditions required, but they do sometimes change. Consequently, for an understanding of the current Victorian requirements, please contact Vic Roads directly on 13 1171.
Remember: Aways check your vehicle owner's handbook and your tow-bar compliance, to confirm your manufacturers, recommended tow-capacity and load requirements. Failure to do so, may result in a towing accident and/or the cancellation of your vehicle together with your boat insurance policy.
Face -to-Face dinette layout was introduced into the C27 FBSF from May 2009 onwards. Prior to May, the layout was like the classical C26 FBSF with L-shaped Lounge and Ice-chest on Port-side.
Boat Reviews & Tests
Read the recent Boat Reviews & Tests for selected Caribbean Boats as published in Australia's leading boating magazines and marine websites.
Caribbean 27 Flybridge Sports Fisherman
Trade-A-Boat - Issue 388 On sale: May 6 - June 2, 2009
Read the full on-water test and review
2mb Acrobat .pdf file, complete with action photo's
Buyers Guide to older models (buying a used Bertram 25 or Caribbean 26)
TradeBoats.com.au feature article published July 2016 about buying the merits of buying a USED (older style) Bertram 25 or Caribbean 26.
Read more, click here
Ethanol Blended Fuel
From: International Marine, (makers of Caribbean Boats)
Subject: Notice to ALL dealers
For immediate circulation to all
With the increasing availability of ethanol blended fuels, we find it timely to reiterate our caution as listed in our Boat Owner’s Manual regarding its use in boats.
Ethanol blended fuels are NOT suitable for use in FRP and aluminium fuel tanks, NOR are they suitable for the fuel system and the motor/s installed. We would therefore urge you to pass on this very important information to all your customers with petrol powered boats of any brand.
International Marine Pty. Ltd