2400 - Half Cabin
The tradition continues with the Caribbean 2400. The styling is modern while retaining the classic deep V-hull with a fine entry. Incredible stability at rest, with renowned Bertram seaworthiness, highlighted by her enormous 2.7m beam.
Each Caribbean model delivers over 50 years of experience behind her timeless lines, solid engineering reliability and blue-water offshore performance. All of which has earned Caribbean, the respected reputation as one of the finest boat manufacturers in the world today. She is proudly built at the famous Caribbean Gardens in the Melbourne suburb of Scoresby, and exported all over the world. Caribbean, the boat the experts buy…
The Caribbean 2400 model comes fitted with a Fiberglass Hardtop with Windscreen Wipers, Underfloor Fuel Tank, Wet, Dry and Kill Tanks, Full Flush Marine Toilet, Transom Access Door and an Electric Windlass, are all standard equipment. Available in several engine configurations with exciting purchase options available;
* The factory fitted; single Mercruiser TDI V6 3.0L Sterndrive (by VW) with Bravo II Leg, pumping out a massive 260hp
* Single Outboard version, with a maximum of 300hp.
* Twin Outboard engine installation, with a maximum combination of 300hp. i.e Twin x 150hp Outboards.
* D.I.Y. Version. With no engine, all we supply a factory completed hull with standard fittings and fixtures and Road Trailer, if your wish. You source the rest of the gear, that way you choose your own preferred make and model of Outboard Engine(s). This installation must be carried out by a qualified marine professional. Please read our D.I.Y. warning below.
*Sistership vessel shown in photographs, for illustration purposes only. Please ask us to clarify what standard fixtures, features, options and accessories are available.
- Overall length - 7.20m plus swimming & bow platforms
- Engine - Single x Mercruiser TDI 260hp 3.0L V6 Diesel Sterndrive with Bravo II Leg OR
- Maximum of 300hp single Outboard or Twin x 150hp Outboards - Total must not exceed a combined weight of 450kg
- Maximum beam - 2.70m
- Horse power – up-to 260hp for sterndrive or 300hp for outboard
- Transom beam - 2.40m
- Net weight - 2,150kg for Sterndrive model
- New weight - 1,700kg for hull only (no Outboards)
- Maximum adult capacity - 7
- Fuel capacity - 450 litres Twin Outboard model
- Fuel capacity - 350 litres Sterndrive model
- Draft - 790mm Sterndrive model
Note: The vessel manufacturers' reccomended maximum total horsepower rating for this vessel is: 300hp and the engine(s) weight must not exceed: 450kg combined.
* Sterndrive - 32kts or 37mph
* Outboards (Twin x Mercury 150hp OtpiMax with DFI) 41kts @ 5,750rpm = 47mph or 76kmh with fuel consumption of 55L per hour for both engines combined.
* Tested on brand new engine package, into a 10kt northerly, small swell.
* Subject to variable conditions such as: sea, wind, tide, hull, propellor condition, fuel, water and passenger loads.
Garage and Storage Heights
For our standard MacKay Trailer KR70T-14HD-DEX (see below - Option 1)
3.10m - Ground to top of HardTop handrail (highest point)
3.30m - Ground to top of S/S Rocket Launcher, HardTop mounted (optional)
Note: Our garage measurements are supplied as a guide only and were taken on a trailer with medium tyre pressure.
If storage space or garage height is a problem, alternatively you may consider dry stack or trailer park storage, here at St Kilda Marina.
Besides, you won't have to face constant lenghty delays at public launching ramps. Here at St Kilda Marina, you can use the private members ramps 24-7, where there's plenty of car parking and very quiet!!
The Trailer height component, is based on our standard & recommended Trailer, suitable for this type of vessel as per our vessel packages.
Advertised Packages including Vessel and/or Trailer Specifications, are subject to change without notice are are supplied as a guide only.
Based on information supplied by our component manufacturers, below are individual weights for your information.
Hull Weight - 2,150 kg including the: Mercruiser 5.0L 260hp Sterndrive Engine
Trailer Tare (tow weight) - 850 kg
Plus an allowance of say 5% added - to cover Battery, Anchor, Electronics, Covers etc
Total Tow Weight = 3,150 kg
Hull Weight - 1,700 kg (no engines)
Trailer Tare (tow weight) - 825 kg
Engine Weight - 412 kg (2 x 206 kg each.) based on: Twin x Mercury 150hp 4 stroke Outboards
Plus an allowance of say 5% added - to cover Battery, Anchor, Electronics, Covers etc
Total Tow Weight = 3,084 kg
Note: The above figures represent DRY weight (i.e no fuel & no water) inclusive of the boat, engine & trailer package, as specifically advertised as our Drive Away packages.
Vic Roads - No Permit Required
In Victoria and based on the beam (width) of the vessel as listed above, towing of the complete boat, engine & trailer package - can be undertaken without the need for a towing permit.
Simply, this vessel may be towed with:
1> Oversize sign displayed on transom (back end) of boat
2> Flags or Lights displayed
3> During daylight hours only
For interstate towing, we suggest you contact the Government Office responsible for Motor Vehicle Registrations in the state in which you are heading, for exact confirmation prior to your planned departure.
We are not aware of any other special conditions required, but they do sometimes change. Consequently, for an understanding of the current Victorian requirements, please contact Vic Roads directly on 13 1171.
Remember: Aways check your vehicle owner's handbook and your tow-bar compliance, to confirm your manufacturers, recommended tow-capacity and load requirements. Failure to do so, may result in a towing accident and/or the cancellation of your vehicle together with your boat insurance policy.
Mechanical and Electrical:
- Control console with controls, power steering and comprehensive instrumentation
- Electric power trim
- 70 amp/hr battery with isolating switch
- 12 volt switch panel with protection fuses
- 12 volt colour coded wiring
- Reversible anchor winch with control at helm
- Automatic electric bilge pump
- Dual windscreen wipers
- Navigation and anchor lights
- Electric bilge blower
- Pressurised fresh water system
- Electronic fuel gauge
- Upholstered V-berth bunk cushions
- Under bunk stowage lockers
- Upholstered side stowage trays
- Lining throughout
- Manual flush marine toilet
- Toilet roll holder
- 12 volt cabin light
- Overhead deck hatch
- Fixed cabin side windows
- Fibreglass bulkhead with sliding lockable door
- Bow platform with roller, plough anchor, chain & rope
- Stainless steel bow rail
- Fibreglass hardtop with hand rails
- Mooring cleats, forward and aft
- Heavy duty neoprene gunwale
- Bow eye
- Fuel filler
- Self draining chain locker with access doors
- Colour co-ordinated deck and chine lines
- Fibreglass self draining floor liner with inspection hatches
- Fibreglass engine box
- Integrated fibreglass swim platform with transom door
- Rear upholstered removable seats
- Engine box cushion
- 12 volt cockpit light
- Upholstered side stowage compartments
- Armour plate front windscreen
- Deluxe helmsman and companion seats mounted on fibreglass boxes with ice box under helm seat and sink/stowage unit under companion seat
- Bilge drain plug
- Underfloor fresh water tank
- Cockpit shower
- Underfloor stowage
- Provision for kill tank underfloor
- Rod racks
- Moulded self draining rear bait well with hinged lid/bait board (not plumbed)
We sell loads of 2400's - Why?
As matter of fact, we are the only Caribbean dealer in Australia, that are appointed across the entire range of Caribbean Boats - all 20 of them.
From the trailerable 16ft Cobra's and Offshore all the way up to the luxurious 49 Flybridge Cruiser. Consequently, we know Caribbean Boats and we have a marina full of them to prove it...
The Caribbean 2400 is one of our biggest selling models and one of Australia's premier trailerable, offshore, blue-water vessels. Perhaps it's because of her wonderful sea-handling capability, balance at rest, huge cockpit, hardtop inclusion, performance, strong resale value, reputation over generations and real value for money.
Maybe it's just all of the above..... And she's usually a load cheaper than the competition!!
Simple package choices, very competitively priced....
1> Our D.I.Y model
Simply put, you buy the standard factory finished Caribbean 2400 as a base boat. She includes all the standard factory fittings and fixtures such as: Fibreglass Hardtop, 450hp underfloor S/S fuel tank, Windscreen & Wipers, Open V-Berth, Anchor and Muir Windlass, Hydraulic Steering etc etc (see below for complete list ) a quality MacKay Tandem Road Trailer and a national 28 day towing permit and you ADD the rest....
You buy your own preferred brand of Outboard Engine (must read: our DIY Warning below), Electrical System, Marine Electronics, Covers, Accessories, Fishing Options, Safety Gear etc, etc. That way you can select your own preferred equipment that suits your budget and time frame...
NOTE: D.I.Y package is only available on the Outboard confirgured model. It is NOT possible to order a Caribbean 2400 without a Sterndrive engine for the DIY package.
2> Our Base Packs (Sterndrive or Outboard versions)
We supply all the standard factory fittings and fixtures such as: Fibreglass Hardtop, 450L underfloor fuel tank (Outboard vesrion) or 350L underfloor fuel tank Sterndrive), Windscreen & Wipers, Anchor with Muir Windlass, Lockable V-Berth with full flush marine toilet, Anchor, Hydraulic Steering etc etc (see below for complete list ) a quality MacKay Tandem Road Trailer;
* Twin x Mercury 150hp OR
* Single x Mercury 300hp OptiMax Outboards with DFI OR
* Single x Mercruiser TDI 265hp 3.0L V6 Diesel Sterndrive
Safety Gear, Victorian Boat & Trailer Registration or 28 day National Towing Permit.
Mercury Verado 4 stroke Supercharged and OptiMax Outboard Engine packages (both incorporating SmartCraft digital engine diagnostics) together with MacKay Trailer upgrades - available. Please call us to discuss your needs...
3> Our Fully Optioned Package
The list of options included in our package price are:
We supply all the standard factory fittings and fixtures PLUS those listed below;
- Fibreglass Hardtop
- 450L underfloor S/S fuel tank
- Windscreen & Wipers
- Anchor and Muir Windlass
- Hydraulic Steering
- MacKay Tandem Road Trailer - self-centering, adj rear rocka, spare wheel & jockey wheel with maximum GVM 3,500kg or optional Aluminium AL70T with maximum GVM 4,000kg
Twin x Mercury 150hp OptiMax with DFI OR
Twin x Mercury Verado 4 stroke Supercharged (both incorporating SmartCraft digital engine diagnostics)
- Storm Cover
- Side-Clear Curtains
- Marine Toilet (with thru-hull discharge)
- Full Bulkhead and Lockable V-Berth Door
- Bunk In-Fill
- Salt Water Deck Wash
- Fibreglass Boarding Platform with S/S Ladder
- S/S Rocket Launcher (holds 5 rods)
- Raymarine Dual Function (GPS, Chart Plotter and Echo Sounder / Fish Finder)
- Transom Mount 500w Transducer. Note: 1kw Wet-Box Thru Hull Transducer available at addtional cost
- Embedded Silver Navionics Chart
- VHF Marine Radio with aerial
- Safety Gear for enclosed waters
- 12 month Victorian Vessel and Trailer Registration or 28day National Towing Permit to enable registration in your home state.
All options, accessories, fixtures and fittings for inclusion in your vessel, will be supplied and correctly installed by our team of qualified marine professionals, at our authorised Service Centre here at St Kilda Marina. All works are carried out in accordance with all manufacturer's instructions and warranties. Hassle free....
This is our most popular package. Drive-Away, No more to pay - Offering real value for money. Heavily discounted to make it attractive...Save $$$
Mercury Verado 4 stroke Supercharged and OptiMax Outboard Engine packages (both incorporating SmartCraft digital engine diagnostics) together with MacKay Trailer upgrades - available.
Please call us to price your discuss your boating needs and to price your preferred package ...
4> Build Your Own Package
Our 'build your own package' is offered exclusively to all Caribbean buyers, giving you the ability to build an on-water package that suits your needs and budget.
By choosing exactly what your want from our comprehensive engine, options & accessories database, you can create your personalized quote in just minutes. Upon completion, a formal quote will be emailed to you.
All options, accessories, fixtures and fittings selected by yourself for inclusion in your vessel, will be supplied and correctly installed by our team of qualified marine professionals, at our authorised Service Centre here at St Kilda Marina. All works are carried out in accordance with all manufacturer's instructions and warranties.
The fitting of engines(s), options, accessories, fixtures or fittings to your vessel must only be carried out by a suitably qualified and authorised, marine professional (i.e: mechanic, electrician and/or tradesperson). All non-dealer fitted items, may void the vessel manufacturer's specifications and product warranty. Do not fit or install anything on your vessel yourself (unless your qualified & authorised). Your safety and that of your occupants could be at risk. St Kilda Boat Sales Pty Ltd and the Caribbean vessel manufacturer; International Marine Pty Ltd will not be responsible for performance issues, warranty and/or liability claims whatsoever, arising when a purchaser chooses to buy a vessel without an engine professionally fitted by the selling dealer of the vessel, at the time of your vessel purchase. Therefore, when you buy a Caribbean vessel without engine(s) fitted at the time of purchase - you do so, at your own risk. Alternatively, our authorised Service Centre are delighted professionally install, set up and sea-trial your new Caribbean vessel with your preferred Outboard engine package. Just ask us to assist !
Single x Mercruiser TDI (VW) V6 265hp Diesel Sterndrive
Boat TV (Trade-A-Boat) - Video Review September 2102
Watch the Review - Video of a repowered Caribbean 26FBSF with: Twin Mercruiser TDi (by VW) V6 265hp Sterndrives.
This Diesel Sterndrive is available in the Caribbean 2400 fitted by the factory.
Single or Twin
Mercury 150hp 4 stroke Outboard
Mercury 150hp OptiMax Outboard with Direct Fuel Injection
Mercury 250hp 4 stroke Outboard
Mercury 250hp OptiMax Outboard with Direct Fuel Injection
Mercury 300hp 4 stroke Outboard
Mercury 300hp OptiMax Outboard with Direct Fuel Injection
Boat Reviews & Tests
The Australia’s Greatest Boats 2017 mega comparison returns. Join the Trade-a-Boat team as they rate and review the best fishing boats in the country.
Trader Boats magazine together with www.TradeBoats.com.au have created the very simple concept of: Australia’s Greatest Boats. Once a year we look back at the fishing boats our experts rated and reviewed over the past 12 months. The scores are tallied and the ones that rated the highest are invited to battle it out at the Australia’s Greatest Boats shootout.
Finalist 2017 is the Caribbean 2400, read the whole story
Trader Boat - Caribbean 2400 Boat of the Year review
Ethanol Blended Fuel
From: International Marine, (makers of Caribbean Boats)
Subject: Notice to ALL dealers
For immediate circulation to all
With the increasing availability of ethanol blended fuels, we find it timely to reiterate our caution as listed in our Boat Owner’s Manual regarding its use in boats.
Ethanol blended fuels are NOT suitable for use in FRP and aluminium fuel tanks, NOR are they suitable for the fuel system and the motor/s installed. We would therefore urge you to pass on this very important information to all your customers with petrol powered boats of any brand.
International Marine Pty. Ltd