24 Open (Runabout)
The Caribbean 24 Open (Runabout) release has been eagerly awaited by the Mornington Peninsula day-boating community, for being a road towable vessel behind the family 4x4 without permits. Each Caribbean model delivers over 50 years of experience behind her timeless lines, solid engineering reliability and blue-water offshore performance. All of which has earned Caribbean, the respected reputation as one of the finest boat manufacturers in the world today. She is proudly built at the famous Caribbean Gardens in the Melbourne suburb of Scoresby, and exported all over the world. Caribbean, the boat the experts buy…
The ever popular and classic design of the Caribbean 26 Open (Runabout) has been simply shrunk down to create the all new Caribbean 24 Open (Runabout). She is available as a nicely configured day-boat including such options as: Port-side face to face dinette comfortable for 4 adults, with underseat insulated ice box. The Starboard-side boasts; helm seating and galley units incorporating Spirit Stove, Pantry Cupboards & Sink. A full-flush marine toilet is located within the spacious V-Berth cabin.
Alternatively, she may be ordered without the internal confirugration ready to be customised by our experienced marine trades, turning her into the popular customised Peninsula day-boat. She is powered by a single Powered by: Single Mercruiser 250hp 4.5L V6 MPI Sterndrive with electronic fly-by-wire, single-lever controls or the optional Mercruiser VW TDi 3.0L 260hp Diesel Sterndrive.
** Sistership vessel shown above & below. This vessel is fitted with many non-standard features, options & accessories.
- Powered by: Single Mercruiser 250hp 4.5L V6 MPI Sterndrive with electronic fly-by-wire, single-lever controls
- Sleeping - 2 / 3
- Maximum persons: 7 adults (conditions permitting, with applicable safety equipment)
- Net Weight - 1,900 kg (dry)
- Fuel Capacity - 300 Litres
- Beam - 2.69 m
- Height Above Waterline - 1.90m excluding Bimini & Targa
- Water Capacity - 100 Litres
- Length Overall - 7.20 m excluding swim and bow platforms
- Cruise Speed - 20-25 knots
- Cockpit Area – 4.5 m2
Garage and Storage Height
Garage Height: Approx. 2.80m - 2.95m Measured from ground to top of windscreen (without the removable Bimini Cover)
Note: Our garage measurements are supplied as a guide only and were taken on a vessel without covers and/or canopy and with medium tyre pressure.
The Trailer height component, is based on our standard & recommended Trailer, suitable for this type of vessel as per our vessel packages.
Advertised Packages including Vessel and/or Trailer Specifications, are subject to change without notice are are supplied as a guide only.
Based on information supplied by our component manufacturers, below are individual weights for your information.
Hull Weight (Dry) - 1,900kg with 5.0L 260hp Mercruiser Sterndrive
Trailer Tare (tow weight) - 850kg
Total Tow Weight = 2,750kg
The above figures represent DRY weight (i.e no fuel & no water) inclusive of the boat, engine & trailer package, as specifically advertised as our Drive-Away packages.
Vic Roads - No Permit Required
In Victoria and based on the beam (width) of the vessel as listed above, towing of the complete boat, engine & trailer package - can be undertaken without the need for a towing permit.
Simply, this vessel may be towed with:
1> Oversize sign displayed on transom (back end) of boat
2> Flags or Flashing Lights displayed on each corner (left & right) at the stern of the vessel
3> Due to the vessel beam (under 3.10m) this vessel maybe towed at any time of the day or night. No restrictions apply.
For interstate towing, we suggest you contact the Government Office responsible for Motor Vehicle Registrations in the state in which you are heading, for exact confirmation prior to your planned departure.
We are not aware of any other special conditions required, but they do sometimes change. Consequently, for an understanding of the current Victorian requirements, please contact Vic Roads directly on 13 1171.
Remember: Aways check your vehicle owner's handbook and your tow-bar compliance, to confirm your manufacturers, recommended tow-capacity and load requirements. Failure to do so, may result in a towing accident and/or the cancellation of your vehicle together with your boat insurance policy.
Mechanical and Electrical:
- Control station with dual lever gear and throttle controls, cable steering and comprehensive instrumentation.
- Electric power trim.
- 70 amp/hr battery with isolating switch.
- Water separating fuel filters.
- Electric bilge blower.
- Automatic electric bilge pump.
- Electric fuel gauge and engine hour meters.
- Navigation and anchor lights.
- 12 volt switch board with protection fuses.
- 12 volt wiring and lighting throughout.
- Pressurised water system.
- 300 litre fuel tank.
- On-board sterndrive oil bottle reservoirs.
- 12 volt reversing anchor winch, operational from control station.
- 12 volt AM/FM stereo/CD player with two speakers.
- Self draining chain locker.
- Dual V-berths with fill in cushions for conversion to double bed and stowage under.
- Upholstered side trays.
- Carpeted throughout.
- Full bulkhead with lock up door.
- Full flush marine toilet.
- Toilet roll holder.
- 12 volt quartz halogen lighting.
- Overhead deck hatch.
- Armour plate front windows with acrylic sliding side windows.
- 100 litre water tank.
- Carpeted side stowage pockets.
- Hinged helm seat incorporating, sink, folding tap, electric water system and stowage locker.
- Hinged companion seat incorporating icebox, and prep area.
- Fibreglass non-skid floor with inspection hatch.
- Fibreglass engine box.
- Removable jump seats either side of engine box.
- Upholstered side panels raised for placement of feet under and easy access to hull sides.
- Deck side stowage compartments.
- Fibreglass swimming platform.
- 12 volt cockpit light.
- Flush mounted cockpit shower in transom panel.
- Bow platform with electric anchor raising system, anchor and chain.
- Mooring cleats forward and aft.
- Stainless steel bow rail.
- Deck fuel filler.
- Rope lockers X 2.
- Chain locker access.
- Non-skid deck.
- Full stainless steel targa bimini with envelope.
- Colour co-ordinated deck & chine lines.
Caribbean 24 Open (Runabout) shown with basic configuration. Also with the optional Sports Fisherman layout which includes;
- Port-side: face-to-face dinette (converts to bed), Insulated Ice Chest
- Starboard-side: Helm seating, Galley unit with sink, spirit stove and cupboards
The Caribbean 24 (Open) Runabout offers plenty of space, a wide beam and huge cockpit room to facilitate the customization of her layout. Customizing can make her into the perfect day boat for your family and corporate entertaining pleasure.
You may have seen one our of many customized Bertram 23, 25 or Caribbean 26 Open’s down on the Mornington Peninsula or around Queenscliff. They are really eye catching with their individual layouts; they are quite a talking point around the marinas.
What works can be done?
- Teak Deck (Hand-Laid, including: swim platform and side-steps)
- Single-level floor (remove steps)
- Installation of 12v Refrigeration
- Sweeping lounges either; port or starboard-side or both
- Conversion of engine box cover to double sun-lounge
- Relocation of battery switches, deck showers etc
- Upholstery of lounges using original factory materials with Caribbean logo’s
- New vessel Bimini and Storm Covers (inserts above windscreen)
- Installation of marine electronics inc: iPod input, Sounders, GPS, Chart-Plotters, AM/FM CD, TV’s, Freezers etc
The process to create the boat of your dreams is really quite simple as we project manage the entire process for you.
The hard part is usually agreeing on the vessels layout with your family, as your choices are virtually unlimited. Usually only restricted by your imagination, or your budget.
The easiest way to create the boat of your dreams is to start with a new Caribbean boat, ordered from us. We are delighted to create a fixed-price agreement for the supply and fit-out of your new Caribbean 24 (Open) Runabout
List of works required to replicate "Maggie" (1mb Acrobat .pdf)
- Print-out this floorplan
- Simply, trace over the top on plain paper, your desired changes and modifications.
- Give us a couple of different layouts so we can discuss the functionality with you.
- Lets us price the entire customisation for you!!
Print, Design N' Play (Note: It's an Acrobat .pdf - 1mb) Caribbean 24 (Open) Runabout - Floorplan
Where do you start? Our simple guide
- Think about what you want to do with your boat and share ideas with your friends
- Take photos of some layouts that you may have seen so we can incorporate into your design.
- Use our vessel floorplan to make some rough sketches of what you would like to change or create.
- Let us show you a couple of boats that we have already customized, here at St Kilda Marina.
- We will co-ordinate all of the required marine trades and offer you a fixed price quotation for all of the works. All works will be carried out here at our Marina and Service Centre.
- Depending on your level of customization and the time of the year (weather dependant) the process can take anywhere from 2 – 6 weeks.
Give us a call on 03) 9525-5500
Boat Reviews & Tests
Watch the Review - Video
Caribbean 26FBSF repowered with: Twin Mercruiser TDI (VW) V6 265hp Sterndrives. Sinlge Diesel Sterndrive Now Available for the Caribbean 24 Open Boat TV (Trade-A-Boat), Video Review September 2102
Ethanol Blended Fuel
From: International Marine, (makers of Caribbean Boats)
Subject: Notice to ALL dealers
For immediate circulation to all
With the increasing availability of ethanol blended fuels, we find it timely to reiterate our caution as listed in our Boat Owner’s Manual regarding its use in boats.
Ethanol blended fuels are NOT suitable for use in FRP and aluminium fuel tanks, NOR are they suitable for the fuel system and the motor/s installed. We would therefore urge you to pass on this very important information to all your customers with petrol powered boats of any brand.
International Marine Pty. Ltd