24 Flybridge Sports Fisherman
Now In Diesel - Our Launch Video
About our videos:
This vessel was not fitted with any options nor accessories whatsoever.
Our video footage was filmed during the prelimenary sea-trials and engine sign-off, being the very first TDi fitted to a Caribbean Boat.
Ask us about our packages.
The Caribbean 24 Flybridge Sports Fisherman release has been eagerly awaited by the boating community, for being a road towable vessel behind the family 4x4. Each Caribbean model delivers over 50 years of experience behind her timeless lines, solid engineering reliability and blue-water offshore performance. All of which has earned Caribbean, the respected reputation as one of the finest boat manufacturers in the world today. She is proudly built at the famous Caribbean Gardens in the Melbourne suburb of Scoresby, and exported all over the world. Caribbean, the boat the experts buy…
The ever popular and classic design of the Caribbean 26 Sports Fisherman has been simply shrunk down to create the all new Caribbean 24 Flybridge Sports Fisherman. She has the classical, dual-helm stations (Flybridge and Lower), a Port-side face to face dinette comfortable for 4 adults, with underseat insulated ice box. The Starboard-side boasts; helm seating and galley units incorporating Spirit Stove, Pantry Cupboards & Sink. A full-flush marine toilet is located within the spacious V-Berth cabin. This combined with her huge open style cockpit area, mighty fuel efficient single Mercruiser Sterndrive power plant; round-off the standard inclusions. The Caribbean 24 Sports Fisherman is a very versatile and popular, entry level cruiser.
In addition, we offer a single helm station version of this vessel, for those mariners wishing to remove the lower helm-station and command the vessel from the Flybridge only.
The single helm-station configuration offers approx. $9,000 saving. Please ask our office for configuration details and vessel pricing.
** Sistership vessel shown. This vessel is fitted with many non-standard features, options & accessories.
• Sleeping - 2 / 3
• Maximum persons: 7 adults (conditions permitting, with applicable safety equipment)
• Net Weight - 2,400 kg (dry)
• Fuel Capacity - 300 Litres
• Beam - 2.69 m
• Height Above Waterline - 2.36 m plus excluding Targa / Bimini Top
• Water Capacity - 100 Litres
• Length Overall - 7.20 m excluding swim and bow platforms
• Cruise Speed - 20-25 knots
• Cockpit Area – 4.5 m2
Garage and Storage Height
Garage Height: 3.30m - Measured from ground to top of Flybridge wind-deflector only. Excluding the removable Bimini & Targa top (additional 900mm).
Note: Our garage measurements are supplied as a guide only and were taken on a vessel without covers and/or canopy and with medium tyre pressure.
The Trailer height component, is based on our standard & recommended Trailer, suitable for this type of vessel as per our vessel packages.
Advertised Packages including Vessel and/or Trailer Specifications, are subject to change without notice are are supplied as a guide only.
Based on information supplied by our component manufacturers, below are individual weights for your information.
Hull Weight - 2,400kg with 5.0L 260hp Mercruiser Sterndrive
Trailer Tare (tow weight) - 850kg
Total Tow Weight = 3,250kg
The above figures represent DRY weight (i.e no fuel & no water) inclusive of the boat, engine & trailer package, as specifically advertised as our Drive-Away packages.
Vic Roads - No Permit Required
In Victoria and based on the beam (width) of the vessel as listed above, towing of the complete boat, engine & trailer package - can be undertaken without the need for a towing permit.
Simply, this vessel may be towed with:
1> Oversize sign displayed on transom (back end) of boat
2> Flags or Flashing Lights displayed on each corner (left & right) at the stern of the vessel
3> Due to the vessel beam (under 3.10m) this vessel maybe towed at any time of the day or night. No restrictions apply.
For interstate towing, we suggest you contact the Government Office responsible for Motor Vehicle Registrations in the state in which you are heading, for exact confirmation prior to your planned departure.
We are not aware of any other special conditions required, but they do sometimes change. Consequently, for an understanding of the current Victorian requirements, please contact Vic Roads directly on 13 1171.
Remember: Aways check your vehicle owner's handbook and your tow-bar compliance, to confirm your manufacturers, recommended tow-capacity and load requirements. Failure to do so, may result in a towing accident and/or the cancellation of your vehicle together with your boat insurance policy.
Dual Station model
(Single station model details available upon request)
Latest Update includes:
- Fushion AM/FM, Stereo System with integrated iPod Docking Station and two marine-grade speakers.
Mechanical and Electrical:
- Flybridge and lower helm control stations with dual lever gear and throttle controls, hydraulic steering and comprehensive instrumentation.
- Electric power trim.
- 70 amp/hr battery with isolating switch.
- Water separating fuel filters.
- Electric bilge blower.
- Automatic electric bilge pump.
- Electric fuel gauge and engine hour meters.
- Navigation and anchor lights.
- 12 volt switch board with protection fuses.
- 12 volt wiring and lighting throughout.
- Pressurised water system.
- 300 litre fuel tank.
- On-board sterndrive oil bottle reservoir.
- 12 volt reversing anchor winch, operational from flybridge and lower helm control stations.
- Clarion AM/FM stereo, CD player with two speakers and aerial
- Self draining chain locker.
- Dual V-berths with fill in cushions for conversion to double bed and stowage under.
- Upholstered side trays.
- Carpeted throughout.
- Full bulkhead with lock up door.
- Full flush marine toilet.
- Toilet roll holder.
- 12 volt quartz halogen lighting.
- Overhead deck hatch.
- Armour plate front windows with acrylic sliding side windows.
- LED lighting in the saloon area operated by a remote helm switch on lower dash.
- 100 litre water tank.
- Carpeted side stowage pockets.
- Galley unit featuring twin burner spirit stove, stainless steel sink and electric water system.
- Face-to-Face Dinette unit with seating for four.
- Helmsman’s seat with stowage locker under.
- Comprehensive lower control station.
- Fibreglass non-skid floor with inspection hatch.
- Fibreglass engine box.
- Removable jump seats either side of engine box.
- Upholstered side panels raised for placement of feet under and easy access to hull sides.
- Deck side stowage compartments.
- Fibreglass swimming platform.
- 12 volt cockpit light.
- Flush mounted cockpit shower in transom panel.
- Bow platform with electric anchor raising system, anchor and chain.
- Mooring cleats forward and aft.
- Stainless steel bow rail.
- Deck fuel filler.
- Rope lockers X 2.
- Chain locker access.
- Non-skid deck.
- Acrylic deflection screen.
- Stainless steel safety rails.
- Stainless steel Flybridge ladder with heavy duty steps and reinforcing/hand rail.
- Vinyl upholstered fibreglass seat incorporating stowage locker.
- Fibreglass footrest.
- Forward stowage lockers with hinged doors.
- Flybridge cover.
- 12 volt power socket.
- Full stainless steel targa bimini with envelope.
- Colour co-ordinated flybridge, deck & chine lines.
Mercruiser 250hp 4.5L V MPI Sterndrive
The Caribbean 24 Flybridge Sports Fisherman is available in Diesel. Powered by the new Volkswagen built, TDi 3.0L 260hp Sterndrive (same as what's inside the VW Toureg and Audi Q7) with DTS controls.
Below are the specs and cunsumption figures recorded during the launch video above:
- 3,000 RPM used 28L per hour @ cruise 23 knots (42kmh - 26mph)
- Top speed is similiar to the older petrol V8 5.0L 260hp Sterndrive model, which is 56L per hour at top speed (at test) produces a massive 34 knots (70kmh - 39mph)
- Watch the launch video about as David Meeham from Mercury (Head of Mercruiser) and Richard Spooner (MD of International Marine) chat about the results from the very first sea-trial.
Give us a call for pricing....
Boat Reviews & Tests
Read the recent Boat Reviews & Tests for selected Caribbean Boats as published in Australia's leading boating magazines and marine websites.
Caribbean 24 Flybridge Sports Fisherman
Trade-A-Boat - Issue 369 On sale: Nov 7 - Dec 12, 2007
Trailer Boat Magazine - Issue: 223 On sale: Oct 3 - Oct 30, 2007
Read the full on-water test and review (2mb Acrobat .pdf file) complete with action photo's.
Sea-Trials and Review - April 07, 2014
Ethanol Blended Fuel
From: International Marine, (makers of Caribbean Boats)
Subject: Notice to ALL dealers
For immediate circulation to all
With the increasing availability of ethanol blended fuels, we find it timely to reiterate our caution as listed in our Boat Owner’s Manual regarding its use in boats.
Ethanol blended fuels are NOT suitable for use in FRP and aluminium fuel tanks, NOR are they suitable for the fuel system and the motor/s installed. We would therefore urge you to pass on this very important information to all your customers with petrol powered boats of any brand.
International Marine Pty. Ltd